Looking for the process to change the username of Minecraft? Are you tired with the current name and want to change the name by which people can recognize you? Here you can check steps of how to change Minecraft username. Follow the step by step and change your name.
How to Change Minecraft Username?
- To change the username in Minecraft game, you need to visit the official site of Mojang.
- Look for mojang.com in your browser
- At the upper right side of the page, you will find the Account tab.
- Click on the account tab. Another page will open where you need to find Log in an icon.
- On the upper right side of the page, you find “Log in” icon.
- Click on the login icon and you will find the login page.
- Enter the email address and password details and then click on the login icon.
- In another page, you will find the profile name section which is located in the middle of the page.
- Now click on Change icon which is a link placed at the right side of your username.
- After clicking on Change you will find New Profile Name option where you need to enter the desired username and check if it is available or not.
- Now click on the Check Availability option to know whether the username is available or not.
- If someone is using the same username then you will get a red prompt “username is in use”
- After username, you will find the password option. You need to enter a password to log into the page.
- Complete all the formalities and click on the Change Name option.
This way you can change the username and notice this change while logging into the next time in Minecraft for PC.
NOTE: If you have created your account within the 30 days, then you cannot change the name more than once. While choosing a username, make sure that your name must be longer than 2 characters and you can use any number, underscore, and letter in between.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between Username and Name in Minecraft?
- The username of Minecraft is unique and two people can’t have the same name. It appears in the URL of your profile. The username is used while login into the account, giving any reply, and sending any direct message.
- In username, you can use up to 15 characters.
- The Name is displayed which signifies your personal identifier. You will find the name on the profile page. It helps in identifying your friends and colleagues.
- In Name, you can use up to 50 characters.
- What to do when you changed your name and then you can’t get into the server?
After you have changed your name, then you need to open your launcher. Click on the switch user option. Again, you need to log into your Minecraft account. Now you can access your server again.
- Can you name the most popular server used in Minecraft?
Because of game and server large size, people use Hypixel server followed by Mineplex. Another server that you can use is The HiveMC.